With so many students still attending classes online, it’s more important than ever to invest in the best laptop for kids. To handle projects, homework, and daily lessons, parents are looking for a portable that is both inexpensive and capable of handling all of their children’s academics. If this describes you, this is the best spot to start looking for that device.
It’s all too tempting to buy the cheapest laptop and hopes it does the job, but there’s a lot more to what makes the best laptop for kids great for the task than just price. Even if you buy a laptop for your children, it must be reasonable in case something goes wrong with it. However, this should not be the primary consideration.
The best laptop under $500 contains some excellent options for this purpose, but you should make sure they’re also powerful enough for school tasks, as well as durable, and capable of withstanding a few drops. Battery life will be important as well, especially as children return to school.
Take a look at the list of best laptops for kids :
1. Google Pixelbook Go
- CPU: Intel Core m3 – i7
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 615
- RAM: 8GB – 16GB
- Screen: 13.3-inch Full HD – 13.3-inch 4K Ultra HD Molecular Display
- Storage: 64GB – 256GB
- Amazing ‘Hush’ keyboard
- Rare 1080p webcam
- No biometric login
The ideal laptop for kids should be safe, easy to use, and capable of lasting past naptime. With its incredible battery life and Chrome OS environment, the Google Pixelbook Go meets all of these requirements and more. Google completes the package with a fantastic keyboard and a 1080p webcam. This is the Google Pixelbook you’ve always wanted, but without the hefty price tag. And, while the kids will enjoy watching their favorite cartoons and playing casual games on that bright screen, you’ll like being able to check your work email in between spending time with them.
more story: Books for Moms Who Love to Read
2. Microsoft Surface Go 2
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core m3 – Intel Pentium Gold Processor 4425Y
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 615
- RAM: 4GB – 8GB
- Storage: 64GB eMMC – 128GB SSD
- Premium design
- Can run full Windows 10
- No Touch Cover or stylus included
- The base model’s specs are weak
The Surface Go line has proven popular with the more budget-conscious demographic, and the Surface Go 2, with its modest pricing and premium appearance, continues that legacy. It also runs the entire Windows 10 operating system, making it much more versatile than other tablets in terms of what you can do with it.
It provides a modest performance boost over its predecessor, offering users a good reason to upgrade if they have the cash. All of these characteristics, together with the Microsoft Surface Go 2’s portability, make it one of the finest laptops for kids.
3. Lenovo IdeaPad Duet Chromebook
- CPU: MediaTek Helio P60T Processor
- Graphics: ARM G72 MP3 800GHz
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4X
- Screen: 10.1″ FHD (1920 x 1200) IPS, glossy, touchscreen, 400 nits
- Storage: 64GB eMMC
- Lightweight and portable
- Long battery life
- Very affordable
- Tiny keyboard and finicky trackpad
- Charger and headphones share a single port
This Lenovo Chromebook combines two form factors in one device, exploiting the Chrome OS’s adaptability and costing significantly less than many of the top Windows tablets on the market. Because of its Chromebook nature, the battery lasts almost 22 hours — you could pull an all-nighter, use it during the day and mid-afternoon, and still pass out before it runs out of power.
Naturally, tradeoffs must be made for this budget – the keyboard is small, the trackpad isn’t as responsive, and the charger and headphones share a single connector. However, if cost is your primary concern, this is undoubtedly one of the best laptops for kids in 2021.
more study: The Best Free Online Courses Platforms for Children in 2021
4. Acer Chromebook Spin 311
- CPU: Intel Celeron N4000
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 600
- RAM: 4GB
- Screen: 11.6″ HD (1366 x 768) 16:9 IPS touchscreen
- Storage: 64GB Flash Memory
- More capable AMD APU
- Fabulous flip design
- Dim screen
- Average battery
The AMD APU in the Acer Chromebook Spin 311 uses the well-known Radeon graphics technology for improved 3D capabilities – if you have time away from your studies to play games! Thanks to the dual-core AMD processor’s ability to outperform the Celeron by a small margin, Chrome will remain more responsive.
Furthermore, the Acer Spin 311 has a solid build quality. It’s quite portable and, although the screen is a little dull, it’s fully usable. The battery life isn’t fantastic for a Chromebook at just over eight hours, but this is a great option when you consider the low price.
5. HP Chromebook 14
- CPU: Intel Celeron N2840 – N2940
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
- RAM: 2GB – 4GB
- Screen: 14-inch, HD (1,366 x 768) BrightView
- Storage: 16GB – 32GB eMMC
- Excellent keyboard, trackpad
- Crisp, vivid screen
- Slower than some rivals
- Average battery life
The HP Chromebook 14 gives the best value of any Chromebook on the market, balancing a low price and effective usage of Chrome OS. With a vivid blue finish and a screen that dazzles, the HP Chromebook 14 gives the best value of any Chromebook on the market. It’s easily one of the greatest Chromebooks for kids to date, even if the battery life and performance are mediocre. The thin and light design of this Chromebook will particularly amaze you. And, unlike some other Chromebooks, the HP Chromebook 14 has a variety of connectors, including HDMI, USB 3.0, and a microSD card slot, making it a fantastically versatile Chromebook for the money.
6. MacBook Air (M1, 2020) is an Expensive Laptop for Kids But lasts for years
- CPU: Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU
- Graphics: Integrated 7-core – 8-core GPU
- RAM: 8GB – 16GB unified memory
- Screen: 13.3-inch 2560 x 1600 Retina display
- Storage: 256GB – 2TB SSD
- macOS Big Sur is fast and responsive
- Battery life is great
- Silent in use
- The fanless design could impact performance
Apple ended the year on a high note, releasing the much-anticipated M1 silicon processor, which has proven to be a game-changer so far. And the first to receive it is the company’s thinnest and lightest notebook, making it one of the most anticipated Apple computers in recent years. The MacBook Air is better than ever with this new CPU, boasting superb performance alongside outstanding battery life – all while keeping the price (somewhat) low. This is the finest MacBook for almost everyone, but especially for students and children.
more study: Best Meditation Apps to Overcome Your Anxiety In 2021
7. HP Pavilion 15 is an Affordable Laptop for Kids
- CPU: up to 11th-generation Intel Core i7
- Graphics: up to Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650
- RAM: 8GB – 16GB
- Screen: 15.6″ diagonal, HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge BrightView 250 nits – 15.6″ diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080) touch IPS micro-edge BrightView 250 nits
- Storage: up to 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- affordable configurations
- Plenty capable
- Design is nothing special
In terms of features and appearance, the HP Pavilion 15 may not stick out from the crowd, especially when compared to the Spectre x360 line. Even though, it is one of the best laptops for kids, with great specs you’d expect from a mid-range laptop, as well as B&O speakers, HP Fast Charge, and a touchscreen display option. It also keeps things inexpensive, at least in low to mid-range setups, which more appeal to parents.