Ideally prepared freshly, this salad is inspired by the Mexican Caesar Salad from Chopt Creative Salad Company. Also, this salad, which is simple to prepare, has crisp jalapenos and crumbled tortilla chips. In fact, vegetarians may omit the chicken to make this salad.
If you’re looking for the greatest Chopt Mexican Caesar Salad recipe, go no further than Zhinmag.
How To Prepare Chopt Mexican Caesar Salad?
The secret to this salad’s deliciousness is the use of very fresh chopped romaine lettuce. Actually, the seeds have been removed from the jalapenos, so the salad has a crispy texture without being overpoweringly hot.
To make this salad, use chicken breasts that are either oven-roast or rotisserie or thicker quality deli meat. Toss in a few tortilla chips that have been hand-crushed.
It’s up to you whether you want to use finely shredded or bigger pieces of cotija cheese for this recipe.
Making the salad dressing couldn’t be easier. In a container, combine all the ingredients and shake before adding to the salad and mixing to coat. Keep the smashed chips crispy by serving them soon away.
Also, white balsamic vinegar, which is less sweet than aged balsamic vinegar, is used in this dish. Don’t use standard sweet balsamic vinegar with this. For an alternative, you may use rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar. Serve your salad in a modern serving dish or a beverage glass.
Mexican Caesar Salad Ingredients
- 1 head of romaine or leaf lettuce
- 3 medium jalapenos, chopped
- Five pieces of deli chicken
- Large tortilla chips, crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons cotija cheese, crumbled
- Remove the lettuce leaves from their stems and wash them.
- Chop the lettuce finely using a chef’s knife.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Remove the peppers’ stems, then split them lengthwise to reveal the seeds, which you should then toss.
- Cut up the jalapenos and set them in the lettuce bowl with the rest of the toppings.
- In a lettuce bowl, divide the chicken into tiny pieces and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Make small crumbles of the tortilla chips and drop them in the lettuce bowl with your hands.
- Lay out the lettuce dish and top with the crumbled cheese.
- Pour the necessary quantity of salad dressing into the lettuce dish after reshaking the dressing.
- Salad ingredients and dressing should be mixed together before serving.
- Prepare the food and serve it right away.