We have heard many times about the benefits and positive aspects of walking, but an important question remains unanswered: The Best Walking Time! When do you get more benefits from walking? When is the best walking time for weight loss and fat burning?
If you want to lose weight by walking and looking at walking as a sport for fitness and weight loss, you should know the best time to exercise. Is it better in the morning or in the evening? In addition to the proper walking time for weight loss, the calories you burn in your walking exercises are also very important, as is the amount of calories you burn during the day during other activities. Meanwhile, if you are looking to lose weight, fit body or control your blood sugar level, using a high-fiber foods will help you.
To lose weight, you need to burn 300 to 500 more calories than you receive to lose stored fat. Therefore, it is better to have enough information about the amount of calories burned by walking based on distance, time and number of steps. Join Zhinmag to fully resolve these ambiguities.
20 of the most important benefits of walking
- Strengthen and ensure heart health
- Help to lose weight
- Blood pressure regulator
- Fight against cancer and chemotherapy
- Improve blood circulation
- Reduce the risk of diabetes
- Strengthening our bones
- Strengthen muscles
- Help improve digestion
- Improve the function of the body’s immune and defense systems
- Prevent dementia and reduce learning
- Increasing the capacity of the lungs
- Delay in old age
- Helping the absorption of vitamin D.
- Stress reduction
- Improving mental and emotional state
- Improve and enhance memory
- Enhance productivity and performance
- Increase creativity and innovation
- Social support and finding new friends
Is morning the best walking time?
Morning exercise helps the muscles of the body be more prepared to burn sugar and fat during the day, so it is known as the best walking time for weight loss and fat burning.
When we walk in the morning, our body is more inclined to burn fat for two reasons:
- Low blood sugar levels in the morning force the body to look for other sources of energy, so it uses fat stores as fuel.
- Hormones like cortisol, which speeds up fat burning, are higher in the morning.
According to researches, people can burn 20% of their body fat by exercise in the morning before eating breakfast, but only if they want to eat breakfast afterwards. Of course, burning fat is not the only benefit of walking in the morning, and it can also help lower blood pressure, especially for the elderly and those who are overweight.
Research has shown that people who exercise in the morning are more likely to follow their workouts and are better able to stick to their exercise program and continue it for long periods of time.
After all, walking in the morning makes you feel good. So it can be said that early morning is the best walking time. Starting the day with a healthy activity makes it easier to maintain healthy habits during the day. In addition, you will be relieved about daily exercise.
Tip: Morning walk is best before breakfast. The process of burning fat and consuming calories is much better in this situation. Do not forget to have a healthy diet after the walk.
Benefits of morning walking
- A brisk 45-minute morning walk in the morning reduces a person’s appetite during the day.
- Exercise at 7 am helps us change our body clock more easily. That way we have more energy in the morning and go to bed earlier in the night.
- Morning walks help reduce stress, clear negative thoughts, and improve productivity throughout the day.
- Air pollution is lower in the morning. The air is at its purest in the early morning hours, and it is very important that the air is clean when walking.
- Exercising in the morning is easier for most people because they are tired in the afternoon and do not have enough energy to exercise.
- Walking in the morning does not interfere with your health or sleep, because you wake up, and then start exercising.
- People are less busy in the early hours of the morning, so their walking schedule is less likely to be disrupted.
- People are less busy in the early hours of the morning, so their walking schedule is less likely to be disrupted.
- In the early hours of the morning, the stomach is better than at other times, which has a direct effect on the rate of weight loss.
- Burning fat and metabolism in the morning are more beneficial for the body and many doctors consider the morning a better time for exercise.
- If you return home in the morning after a walk, you can take a shower, which will help you lose fat, and if you are busy and take time to walk to work in the morning, you will have a happier mood during the day. And because you’re hungry after a walk, the full breakfast you crave will have a positive effect on your body.
Disadvantages of morning walking
- The best walking time for weight loss is before noon or evening. Usually in the second half of the day, calorie burning increases.
- The body temperature is lower and the muscles are firmer in the morning. This makes us less energetic and motivated to exercise.
Is noon the best time to walk?
Walking at noon is also a good condition if you have the opportunity to do so in the middle of the day. Because you are in good condition at noon in terms of temperature and ability, and at this time you can work on a brisk walk and lose calories faster.
You have not woken up at noon and as a result you are not sleepy! And you want to rest after walking, so you will have more energy for the things you want to do during the day.
Walking before lunch prevents overeating. Research has shown that exercise after hard mental work, such as writing a difficult report or attending important meetings, makes people less inclined to eat high-calorie foods and want to eat healthier foods.
In today’s workplace, there is less mobility and more mental activity. That’s why it can be the best walking time before lunch, because the lactate and glucose produced by exercise provide the brain with energy, just like eating a snack.
A short walk or brisk walk quickly removes the body from immobility and helps to heal the damage caused by hours of loneliness. At the same time, this simple walk, if it is regular and permanent, has a great impact on a person’s fitness.The greatest fitness apps can help you get in shape while also keeping track of your progress.
According to research, people’s decision-making power is greatly enhanced after exercise. In addition, it increases the power of creative problem solving and reduces the stress of a busy morning. That’s why we suggest you do not forget to walk at noon to lose weight.
Is night the best time for walking?
If you are struggling with digestive problems, night is the best time for you to walk, especially after dinner. A study on the benefits of walking at night shows that a 15-minute walking at night after a meal speeds up digestion.
In addition, it is the best walking time to reduce the symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux. Sometimes just a few minutes of exercise provides enough time to realize that we have no desire for dessert and to go for lighter, healthier snacks.
New and valid studies show that night exercise greatly reduces the feeling of hunger and prepares the body for rest.
Walking at the beginning of the day provides the energy needed for the whole day, while a night walk reduces stress by lowering cortisol levels to prepare for a night’s rest.
After all, walking with your partner, children or friends is the best opportunity to follow the day’s events, talk about upcoming events and spend time away from mobile and TV.
Benefits of walking at night
- The amount of calories burned at night walking is more than morning exercise. The good thing about night walks is that all the calories you get during the day, and maybe a lot of those calories are more than your body needs, by doing night walks, you burn those extra calories.
- According to research, night walking regulates blood sugar.
- Walking after dinner is one of the best ways to speed up digestion.
- Walking at night removes all worries and stresses of the day from the body and clears the mind.
- Contrary to popular belief, late night exercise does not disrupt nighttime sleep, but rather relieves daytime tensions and provides more enjoyable sleeping and resting conditions. Of course, as long as you do not go to bed immediately after exercise and give your body a chance to relax a bit.
Disadvantages of walking at night
- Walking at night is not as safe as walking in the morning.
- Air pollution usually reaches its maximum at night, and inhaling toxic pollutants during exercise can adversely affect cardiovascular health.
- Fatigue during the day often makes it difficult for people to walk at night.
- There is an important problem with walking at night, and that is the effort of people at the end of the day! Because during the day, people are tired enough and no longer have the energy to walk at night. Also, if walking is just before bedtime, it may interfere with sleep.
Best walking time based on researches
According to a credible study, a 20-minute walk after dinner can prevent postprandial high blood glucose and nd improve the symptoms of cardiometabolic disease. This means that night is not only the best walking time for fat burning and slimming the abdomen and hips, but it can also help better digestion, heart health, regulate blood sugar and blood pressure.
According to the study, people with gastric reflux experienced fewer symptoms such as heartburn if they walked after a meal instead of resting. This study showed researchers that many chronic diseases and the function of basic organs such as the liver can be improved by walking.
Before reading this article, did you think that the best time to walk for slimming belly is early in the morning? We suggest you try walking after dinner to experience a healthier life.
Frequently Asked Questions
1- When is the best time to walk to lose weight?
Recent research shows that walking after a meal has more health benefits. In fact, the evidence suggests that a 10-minute walk after a meal is more beneficial than a 30-minute walk at other times of the day.
Of course, walking at any time of the day is great for physical and mental wellbeing, but if it is after eating, it will greatly help in weight loss and diabetes management. Even those who are in good health are advised to avoid future sedentary complications by walking daily.
2- What is the best walking method for losing weight?
How to walk for weight loss is the most important and effective part of the weight loss process. Some people, because of the work they do every day, believe that walking and standing while working can be a substitute for walking, thus helping them lose weight. This belief is largely incorrect.
According to doctors and specialists, the most important principle in walking is discipline. Walking only helps you lose weight if you have a daily plan and are organized.
3- How much to walk to lose weight?
30 to 90 minutes of walking every day will be useful for weight loss, and disrupting its daily and hourly routine will reduce its effects. You can divide the time you plan to walk into short sections and have a short break every 10 minutes or every 15 minutes.
When you start walking, your body automatically starts burning fat and carbohydrates. Over time, as you continue to walk, your fat burning rate will increase. Be aware that prolonged and excessive walking causes your body to enter the protein burning phase and this is not good for muscle health.
4- How to walk to lose weight?
Slimming with walking requires observing some tips while walking. First, try to warm up your body by doing stretching exercises before starting the walk, and walk both forward and backward.
Stretching exercises for the ankle, knee and thigh joints will increase your fitness. The speed at the beginning of the walk should be low and gradually as the body’s level of fitness increases, the walking speed should also increase. To finish the walk, you should also slowly slow down and slowly lower your heart rate. It is better to end the walking exercise with stretching movements to cool the body.
5- What is the correct body shape when walking?
Body shape when walking should be standard. Hunching and looking at the ground while walking can be detrimental to your health. Try to maintain a proper posture by keeping your back and spine straight and looking up.
6- How to motivate yourself to walk?
- Ask a friend or family member to join you in the new program you have set up.
- Go out for a walk with friends or family in the evening or after dinner.
- Think about the money you can save on walking, otherwise you will have to pay for the club and thousands of other things every month.
- Explore different ways every day.
- Join walking groups.
Walking at any hour of the day has its benefits, but the best time to walk is the hour that you adhere to every day. If you do not like to wake up early in the morning and exercise, adjust to the time your mind or body prefers to enjoy the benefits of walking at night or at noon.
What time of day is the best walking time for you? From which result did you draw? We are waiting to hear your comments, dear ones.